This is a sales role focused on building our membership primarily across the UK and Western Europe. The successful candidate must have broad experience in the telecommunications industry (service providers and/or suppliers). Experience in other industries now increasingly part of the global communications eco-system will be helpful in bringing companies in the Finance, Transportation and Utilities industries into the TM Forum family. Exceptional communication skills are essential, as this role requires daily communication with senior executives, business unit leaders and technology specialists in very large and mid-sized corporations. The successful candidate will enjoy prospecting in target markets, leveraging his or her own extensive network to build a strong pipeline of companies interested in, and able to take advantage of, the benefits of membership in the TMForum.
Travel within your assigned region is frequent (up to 40%), with occasional travel to other regions.
Strong account planning and management skills are essential as well as disciplined use of sales management tools including Salesforce and data reporting tools.
Location: Western Europe
- Meet or exceed the revenue targets for sales of new memberships, and sales of TM Forum services and programs (training, coaching, conformation testing, certifications, etc.)
- Build a strong pipeline of qualified prospects largely using your own personal network
- Raise the profile of the TM Forum through active participation in relevant 3rd party industry conferences and other trade associations.
- Drive pipeline and results by targeting events where an appropriate mix of existing members and prospects are speaking, exhibiting or attending.
- Work closely with senior sales leadership to identify new revenue opportunities, set and manage revenue targets and support other members of the sales team as necessary
- Work closely with our Product House (Program Management), and Marketing to ensure that the voice of the customer is clearly heard and reflected in our value propositions, marketing positioning and collateral.
- Create and maintain accurate and comprehensive records of progress within opportunities ensuring that the company is able to more accurately forecast volume and timing of revenues
- Work closely with the leadership team to drive productive relationships with the executives in our member companies
- Use your substantial knowledge and experience to demonstrate credibility as a trusted advisor with strong consultative selling skills.
- Stay abreast of industry trends that present new challenges to our members and new opportunities for the TM Forum.
- BS in Business or related field and/or relevant business experience
- 10+ years of successful sales of hardware, software or services primarily in the telecommunications industry
- Must be results oriented, work with a strong sense of urgency and able to press for closure
- A customer focused individual; able to hear and understand customer needs; develop and propose creative solutions to maximize growth of new business
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong computer skills and ability to use other in-house support and reporting tools
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with colleagues across multiple time zones and cultures
- Strong account planning and management skills are essential as well as disciplined use of sales management tools including Salesforce and data reporting tools
About TM Forum
TM Forum is a global industry body for companies delivering services in the digital ecosystem. With more than 900 member companies worldwide, including some of the largest and most influential companies in the communications industry including the full eco-system of partners delivering virtualized networks, services and monetisation of the Internet of everything. We help our members transform to meet the challenges presented by the digital economy, profitably.