Febelux – the association representing trade fairs, congresses and events in Belgium and Luxembourg – is looking for a new secretary general. The position offers a great opportunity for strategic as well as personal development and excellent working conditions. Excellent command of French and Dutch is a must.
As Secretary General, you are the single point of contact in all relationships with members, media, officialBelgians and foreign bodies and other stakeholders. You have the task of organising the activities of the association and to increase its visibility. You are also responsible for its strategic development.
Working closely with the Board and President of the association, you:
- manage the relationship with the 120 members of Febelux, including administrative duties,
- attract new sector companies to join Febelux,
- organise about six events a year,
- coordinate the meetings of the Board and the General Assembly,
- represent Febelux at conferences, seminars and other public events.
- create a strong professional network and establish a relationship with the media, PR offices, industry experts and stakeholders,
- contribute to various publications Febelux, including its website, newsletters and any other association documents,
- follow and report the major trends in fairs, exhibitions, conferences and events sector,
- follow and promote the development of Febelux on social networks.
- Master’s degree,
- at least 5 years experience in a similar function,
- excellent command of French and Dutch,
- excellent writing and communication skills.
- You are independent and enterprising, persuasive and diplomat.
Why join Febelux
Febelux offers a friendly and collegial working environment in the interesting and fast-developing sector of trade fairs, congresses and events. You will have a broad scope for development while being able to count on support and ongoing training. By offering flexible hours, Febelux supports you in finding the best balance between work and private life.
Naturally, this also comes with an attractive salary with company car, smartphone, group insurance and hospitalization, meal vouchers and bonuses.
Febelux is the association that represents the interests of professionals in Live Communication. Febelux aims to promote national and international sector trade fairs, congresses and events in Belgium and Luxembourg and to promote the common interests of its members. In addition, Febelux informs not only its members but also the government and other political stakeholders of the concerns of its sector. Febelux aims to facilitate meetings between its members and stimulate contact between them.
More information on www.febelux.com