Interel is looking to recruit for one of its clients an administrator level candidate to work with the European Managing Director in Brussels. This would be a full time dedicated resource to the client (IAPP – the International Association of Privacy Professionals) but as a salaried employee of Interel with corresponding benefits.
Deadline for applications is 30 September 2017.
- Job Title: European Operations Administrator
- Department: International
- Reports to: Managing Director Europe
- Level: 2
- Status: Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to IAPP’s Brussels based office team
- Responsible for coordinating fulfilment of daily customer inquiries. Including but not limited to responding to membership inquiries regarding membership benefits, IAPP certifications, trainings and events.
- On-site or in-office event support for IAPP events in Europe.
- Assists with member engagement and volunteer management projects with particular support for
- Europe based, volunteer-led membership networking events (KnowledgeNets)
- Support for European Advisory Board
- Administrative point of contact for US based HQ
- Ad hoc support of BD and operations priorities as coordinated by European MD
- Membership inquiries handled largely by email and phone utilizing knowledge of various IAPP database systems (training will be provided) IAPP membership levels and membership benefits
- Certification/training inquiries involve providing information on training packages (live, online, special packages etc.), aiding in bookings/processing payments/issue invoices, advice on how to book exams and where to take them, prep materials needed etc.
- Events: general information on our events, registration details, web conference access and live streaming product support
- Additional duties as assigned
Language & Computer Skills: The working language of the IAPP is English and therefore the candidate must be fully fluent in English. At least one other European language an asset. Microsoft office is a must. Specific training will be provided for client specific tools.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Higher level education preferred. No sector knowledge required, but an asset. CIPP/E can be earned during employment.
Additional Information: The candidate must have the ability and authorization to work in the European Union and to be able to travel throughout Europe and the USA. On-boarding and orientation meetings, including training of IAPP tools will be provided.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply by sending your resume accompanied by a separate cover letter as follows by 30 September 2017. Submissions not following this format will not be considered.
- CV and cover letter saved in one document in word format with LAST NAME, first name
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: IAPP – LAST NAME, first name
Initial interviews will be conducted during the first two weeks of October via phone, skype or face to face. Short listed candidates will be seen for a second round in a face to face interview, with the intention of a start date for the successful candidate as soon as possible thereafter. Please indicate in your cover letter, your earliest available start date as we do understand that some forewarning may be required with your current employer.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Please note that due to the anticipated high response rate, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear back from Interel by 1 October 2017, please consider that your application will be kept on file but is no longer being reviewed for this position. Please advise us if you wish us to delete your details in the event that your application is unsuccessful.