The European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), is recruiting a Scientific Programme Administrator to assist in developing conference programs in an efficient and timely manner in order to meet the needs of ESTRO’s scientific community.
Founded in 1980, ESTRO, the European SocieTy for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), is a scientific organisation that fosters the role of Radiation Oncology in order to improve patients’ care in the multimodality treatment of cancer.
With over 7 000 members in and outside Europe, ESTRO supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation Therapists) and the wider oncology community.
ESTRO’s mission is to promote innovation, research, and dissemination of science through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications.
The Scientific Programme Administrator primarily supports ESTRO’s Programme Manager in the development of the scientific programmes for ESTRO’s annual congress and other joint events. In second line, s/he also contributes to the administrative activities of other units.
Content development support
Inputting / updating / maintaining scientific program details in content management system
Abstract management support
Setting up the abstract submission pages with supplier; Responding to queries from abstract submitters; Processing the abstracts submitted Inputting abstract reviewers in content management system; Managing the communications to abstracts submitters / reviewers via content management system; Participating in, and, assisting with, the preparation of supporting materials for abstract meeting
Coordinating all communications and arrangements for invited speakers (confirmation letters, technical requirements, hotel bookings, travel, registrations and reimbursements) within the timelines set in advance
Being the main point of contact for invited speakers; Facilitating registration of invited speakers; Facilitating delivery of presentations by invited speakers; Supporting and working together with the on-site conference team for any aspects related to the conference
Reviewing all conference print materials
Preparing the abstract book
Assist in the administrative coordination of other units when necessary, as part of the back-up structure of ESTRO administration
• Working experience of at least 1 year in an international environment and ideally with experience in setting up scientific programs for healthcare associations;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to use clear and concise English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other languages, would be an asset;
• Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail;
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to work in international teams made out of both expats and local professionals;
• Strong ability to multitask;
• Capable to prioritize
• Flexible, open and positive
• A mature, polite, professional and empathetic manner
• Proficient with Microsoft suite
The suitable candidate:
• Is prepared to work independently with minimum supervision and to take personal responsibility for the assigned tasks;
• Is willing to travel and has a proven sense of responsibility
• Feels comfortable with recurrent tasks on the long run
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English (with reference “Science” in the subject line) by 20 February 2018 to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Contacts should happen by 28 February latest