The Communications and Membership committee aims to connect communication and membership professionals working in or with associations, helping them to best convey the objectives and needs of their Association and optimise engagement with members. The group aims to provide its participants with strategies and methods on how to manage the latest trends and issues facing communication and membership professionals, including their social media communication and online communities.
Become a member of the committee for 2018-2019 and help lead the sharing of best practice, contribute to discussions and workshops, and raise your profile as an expert in the sector. Contact us if you are keen to find out more or join!
Communication & Membership Chair: Chloe Menhinick,
Partner for Association Consulting at GainingEdge
The Communications Taskforce is responsible for the following:
- Identifying ESAE communications needs and priorities through appropriate consultation;
- Developing and periodically updating an ESAE communications strategic plan for board approval;
- Recommending communications initiatives to the board for approval, as appropriate;
- Supporting the efforts of the board by:
- Developing and implementing a marketing plan
- Sourcing, curating and developing content for the ESAE news channels (website, social media) and messages to the membership
- Developing and implementing a plan for tracking content for Associations
- Promoting recognition and awareness of ESAE;
- Providing advice to Board, as appropriate, on communications matters as they arise;
- Identifying the annual budgetary requirements related to the delivery of communications;
- Providing periodic reports and updates to the Board on communications.
The Communication Taskforce consists of a Chair appointed by the ESAE President and volunteer members. Any ESAE member can join the task force, following a call for members.
Meetings of the Event Committee will be held at least bi-annually. A schedule of meetings will be developed and agreed to annually. Meetings will be held in Brussels with an option of virtual attendance, or as virtual meetings.
Recommendations and decisions of the Communications Taskforce, to the extent decisions may be rendered, shall be made by consensus. Quorum shall be a majority of the participating members of the Taskforce.