The Event Committee is comprised of experts in Events from different Organisations with many years of professional experience in small and large scale conferences, workshops and incentives. It explores the latest developments in the events and meetings industry and organises peer to peer workshops on events for Associations.
The Committee also provides advice and assistance in planning ESAE’s educational-, networking- and partner events.
- Identify key topics for ESAE Events to include peer2peer sessions, seminars, partner events, networking meetings, study missions and lectures;
- Plan individual sessions, invite speakers, moderators and partners;
- Agree the six monthly programme schedule for events;
- Liaise with event partners & sponsors;
- Assist the executive team in obtaining sponsorship for the Events Programme;
- Review feedback from events and assess relevance of the programme to members;
- Produce a pricing policy for the events; and
- Prepare and review annual event income and expenditure of the events programme for submission to the Board for approval.
The Event Committee consists of a Chair appointed by the ESAE President and volunteer members. Any ESAE member can join the Committee, following a call for members.
Meetings of the Event Committee will be held at least bi-annually. A schedule of meetings will be developed and agreed to annually. Meetings will be held in Brussels with an option of virtual attendance, or as virtual meetings. It is expected that each member will attend a minimum of two meetings each year.
It is preferable that decisions of the Event Committee are made by consensus however; there may be circumstances where a matter is decided by single majority vote. Each member is entitled to one vote, except that the Chairperson who may exercise a casting vote should this be necessary. Partners do not have voting rights.