The European Forum for Good Clinical Practice (EFGCP) is searching for a Chief Operating Officer, responsible for coordinating all operations and administration of the association under the supervision of the Board and its Executive Committee.
Deadline for applications is 18 August 2017.
- Position: Full-time (38 hours/week)
- Period: Permanent contract
- Start date: 18 September 2017
- Application Deadline: 18 August 2017
The European Forum for Good Clinical Practice (EFGCP) is a not-for-profit, independent international association located in Brussels, established by and for individuals with a professional involvement in the conduct of biomedical research. Its purpose is to promote good clinical practice and encourage the practice of common, high-quality standards in all stages of biomedical research throughout Europe. The EFGCP does this by promoting contact and partnership between the major disciplines and organisations affected by good clinical practice: pharmaceutical companies; contract research organisations; suppliers of services, systems and equipment; academia; investigators; ethics committees; regulatory authorities; patient organisations; etc. For the past 22 years the EFGCP has provided a high-level meeting place and think tank for ethics and science in European biomedical research.
Coordinating all operations and administration of the association under the supervision of the Board and its Executive Committee.
- Management of events (including conferences and workshops from 40 to 150 participants) and training courses
- venue finding (Brussels + Europe), contract negotiation, logistics from A to Z, speakers and delegates management, marketing (…)
- Project Management (administrative & financial management of EFGCP participation in EU-funded projects (IMI, H2020) including preparation of financial audits
- Coordination of Internal Meetings (Board / Executive Committee / Working Parties / Projects)
- Website & IT (liaison with the webmaster & software providers + update of the EFGCP website)
- Public representation
- Accounting, VAT issues and legal issues
- Office management
- Human Resources (Management of payroll & 3-person staff)
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in a coordination position and event organisation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; French is an asset
- Knowledge in financial management and bookkeeping & legal rules for associations based in Belgium
- Very well-organised and caring for details
- Flexible, positive and service-minded
- Excellent time management and respect of deadlines
- Creative and resourceful problem solving abilities
- Based in the Brussels area
The applicant should have strong self-motivation, interpersonal skills, be multi-tasks oriented, possibly have experience in the healthcare sector and be able to work in a small team environment.
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Professional and dynamic working environment at the European scale
- Autonomy in driving projects and build on outcomes
How to Apply
Applications should include an up-to-date curriculum vitae in English, a one-page cover letter in English and be sent BY 18 AUGUST 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted