PU Europe: the European voice of the polyurethane (PUR / PIR) insulation industry, is recruiting a new managing director
Deadline: 18th May 2016
Establish relationships with the main regulatory bodies so as to anticipate future regulatory requirements, and exert a positive influence in shaping these regulations.
Manage external communications acting as the unified voice of the industry, proactively promoting the benefits of PU insulation. Get established as the reference point for information by authorities, institutes, and construction professionals.
Lead European co-ordination of the National Trade Association activities, so achieving the most effective combination of both European and national activities. Ensure association members are kept fully aware of industry developments.
Spot, monitor, and take action on emerging issues (both positive and negative) that can affect the future of the PU insulation industry.
Initiate and manage specific projects in support of the industry, with both promotional and technical objectives. Lead co-ordination of specific issues, working with the relevant expert groups.
Liaise with other European trade associations, interest groups, and opinion leaders, such as industry groups and environmental bodies.
Personal characteristics and experience required:
- University degree in natural sciences, economics or law.
- Ten years of experience in the Brussels arena including five years in a leading position, ideally linked to PU Europe’s scope of activity.
- Capability to guide and monitor a small multinational team and motivate a diverse membership.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (other EU languages are an asset).
- Excellent communication, media and interpersonal awareness skills.Exceptional enthusiasm and self-motivation to successfully influence diverse groups ranging across multiple issues.
- Ability to meet challenging objectives and deadlines.
- Initiative and perseverance.
Job location and tenure:
The job will be located in Brussels and includes regular travel in Europe. PU Europe offers a full-time position with a permanent employment contract according to Belgian law.
Applications should be submitted in English with contact details, CV and covering letter saying why the candidate would be suitable for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About PU Europe
PU Europe is the voice of the polyurethane (PU) thermal insulation industry at European level with its secretariat situated in Brussels. Its membership consists of national trade organisations and raw material suppliers from across the continent. The association represents the interests of its members in all relevant legislative and technical developments.